Former UFC champ Luke Rockhold returns to Octagon on same night of Canelo-GGG according to : CBS Sports

Rockhold will headline UFC Fight Night Pittsburgh against David Branch -- an event set to take place on the same night as the boxing superfight between Canelo Alvarez and Gennady Golovkin. After over a full year without a fight, the former UFC and Strikeforce middleweight champion is coming back to the Octagon for his bout since losing the belt. Branch is the former World Series of Fighting middleweight champion who is on his second stint with UFC. Now, Rockhold will get a tough challenger in Branch (21-3), who is coming off a decision win over Krzysztof Jotko at UFC 211. After recovering from an injury, Rockhold was expected to take on Jacare Souza in November 2016, but was forced to pull out with another injury.



Former UFC champ Luke Rockhold returns to Octagon on same night of Canelo-GGG
That would've been too long of a wait." "I was a little surprised to get another debut, with it being my sixth fight, being 3-2 and ranked in the top 15," Johnson told Military Times on Thursday, "but I was talking to my agent, it was either I could take this fight now or I had to wait until November, December or maybe even next year in January until I got my next fight.

The UFC returns to Pittsburgh on Sept. 16

Already have an account?


This content may collect you by Max Nolan
To follow all the new news about UFC - Ultimate Fighting players

0/Post a Comment/Comments